*For the next 20 days, I am challenging myself to write 20 posts on self-reflection, etc. Times are stressful and it’s easy to lose sight of ourselves and what/who we want to be and achieve. Brave enough to participate? Just follow along and send me your posts via the comments, a pingback, Twitter or Facebook. 🙂
There’s no getting around it: life is full of chaos. But the chaos is what keeps it interesting. I’ve spent the majority of this year in a state of confusion. When you step back from all of the negativity clouding up your vision, you start to appreciate the little things, which in turn, make life worth living.
Here are ten feel-good aspects of life. Keep these handy for a bad day.
1. Waking up.
– Be thankful for every day that God wakes you up. I know it may feel impossible to get out of bed and face the day head on sometimes, but keeping your head up in rough situations is a sign of maturity and strength.
2. Knowing you hold the power to start over.
– Life is chock full of choices. Don’t let the person you were yesterday affect the person you are today. You hold the power to start over at any given minute. That’s pretty empowering when you think about it.
3. Feeling appreciated.
– There’s no better feeling than knowing that others care for you and appreciate everything you do for them. Let them know!
– Duh! I’m not sure how I would survive without music. It’s as essential to my well-being as water. There’s always a song for every situation and emotion.
5. Creative expression.
– We have the freedom to express ourselves creatively, especially in our growing digital era. Sometimes we start a project not knowing what direction it will take us and the results are not only impressive but quite different than what we expected.
– I love love. I’m not too sure if it loves me back, but hey, that’s the pattern of my life. Who are we without love?
7. Feeling God’s presence.
– I’m so happy I discovered the beauty of God’s love four years ago. When it feels like you’re alone, God is always there. Look up and say “thank you” because He is watching over you. He’s showing you what He has in store so don’t give up!
8. The sky, birds, nature, etc.
– Nature is free. Looking up at the sky is free. Enjoying your surroundings is a way of showing your gratitude for what others take for granted.
– While others say it does no good to reflect, I think it works wonders. When you remember where you used to be as opposed to where you are now, you start to realize how far you really have come. Pat yourself on the back!
– Who doesn’t enjoying sleeping? It’s a way of renewing ourselves for the day ahead.
If you still can’t see the brighter side to life, just grab all of the negativity and try to shake it off! 😉
20 Posts in 20 Days
“It’s like I got this music in my mind saying it’s gonna be alright.”